New E.D. treatments

For the last several years i have and problems maintaining an erection. My doctor, after some hesitation, prescribed Viagra. It works fairly well most of the time for me.

What about this new drug, vardenafil. Are you aware of any contraindications for its use with HIV meds?

Vardenafil has a similar mechanism of action as Viagra. Studies have been conducted using vardenafil in men who had surgery for prostate cancer. It is has also been looked at in men with coronary artery disease. I am not aware of any studies specifically looking at use in the setting of HIV infection. Viagra can be used with caution in persons taking protease inhibitors (the PIs can increase the blood levels of Viagra). I would expect similar concerns about vardenafil. How often vardenafil would work when Viagra didn't isn't clear. It may be a while before specific studies using vardenafil and HIV meds will be done. A visit to an HIV-friendly urologist might be worth it to look at other options (i.e injections). I assume that your hormonal status is OK? KH

What is my state, I have 121,000 copies by ml and CD4 85?
When does trouble begin?