barking up the wrong tree

Good morning, I have posed several questions regarding my hair loss and antivirals and I just came across something very interesting that I could have been too quick to blame Videx EC. Drugs.com (a most helpful web sight) lists Sustiva as reporting hair loss although less common,BUT something it stated really caught my eye.It also reported(less common or rare)burning,tingling etc at hair follicle. This is exactly what I am experiencing,(I've been examined by derms several times for scalp infections etc,nothin g there and only use the most gental products,hypoallergenic etc.)Also, I've been on nukes in the past,and crix and never had any problems, and then when I started a new regimen containing sustiva( first time I used an nnrti) that's when the problems started. I also have deep depression and feel hung over all the time(walk into walls in the middle of the night etc.)(worse if I'm not careful with what I eat)so, it could be the sustiva all along or even an additive effect between the sustiva and videx. I am going armed with this information to my EXTREMELY PATIENT id doc tommorrow,but my question is if I wanted to ditch sustiva (keep the videx ec and viracept-I have no problems whatsoever with viracept,so I wouldn't mind keeping it)are there any safe triples or do I have to build a new program from scratch and have you seen patients reporting hair loss with sustiva or the other nnrtis.Thank you so much.

I have heard of hair problems rarely with Sustiva. Depending on your past use of antiretrovirals (and any possibility of resistance) the Sustiva could be switched to Viramune (another NNRTI), Ziagen (another NRTI) or a PI. If you just switch off the Sustiva and your complaints get better then voila you solved it! Thank you for the information. KH

Side effect of medications?
Sustiva cost