Side effect of medications?

I tested positive about 5 years ago and have been on triple therapy since. Currently undetectable and Tcells around 550. I am 58 years old, and have NOT engaged in any sexual activity since I tested positive 5 ytears ago. In the last few months, I've noticed a thickening in my penis (not at the head, but at the end closest to my body). It almost feels like cartiledge (sp). It's on both top and bottom of that area - about an inch long and an inch wide. I don't know how else to explain it except that it's like that 1 inch area is like an erection, but the penis is flacid. Medications? Aging? Or something else?

You don't mention which drugs you are on so it is tough to try to relate that observation to your medications. Overall that complaint would be an unusual side effect of HIV treatment. Certain skin conditions (i.e. Peyronie's disease), thrombosed blood vessels, benign or malignant tumors--all are possibilities and may not be related to your HIV infection. I recommend a visit to a dermatologist or urologist! KH

conflicted part two
barking up the wrong tree