NIGHT SWEATS

Hi, My T cell count is in the 600's and my viral load is non detectable. But here lately I have been having night sweats. I have been on the same meds for about 3 - 5 years. norvir, fortvase, epivir, ziagen , zerit. I do take heart meds. Is it something that I am eating? Drinking? I do not have them all the time. Just every now and then. But this week I had about three nights of getting up having to flip the pillow, it is just from my chest up that I sweat. Thanks

Response from Dr. Boyle

It is tough to say what the cause of those might be, but given your high CD4 count, it is unlikely to be HIV-related. It could be related to something you eat or drink (see if certain things bring it on), or to a low-grade viral/bacterial infection, the ambient room temperature or other facotrs. It is also possible you may have a more serious infection (for example, night sweats are a symptom in some patients with TB) but given the lack of other symptoms this seems unlikely. Still, you should discuss it with your doctor and let him/her make sure it is benign.

lipoatrophy
eosinophilic pustular folliculitis