small lump!

i've been hiv+ for five years now, and have been on meds for 18 months. i have noticed in the past six months a lump, slightly smaller than a pea, at the back right hand side of my neck, i just assumed that it was a gland, but i was feeling it the other day, and i noticed that the lump is actually in the skin, not below it (as in it moves when i pull and manipulate the skin), and if it was a gland, surely these would be a corrisponding swollen gland on the other side of my neck, but there is'nt. Basically what i want to know is could it be a gland, if not what could it be and do i need to get my doc to have a look?

Response from Dr. Boyle

It could be a lymph node or it could be many other things, including a small fat collection, a cyst or some other benign finding. If it hasn't grown in 6 months, its unlikely to be anything terribly significant, but you should have your doctor actually examine it. An exam is sometimes worth a thousand words.

Lypoatrophy
Zerit,Videx,Sustiva with fans and benzodiazepine interactions