Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Extremly Scared please help!!
Feb 27, 2001

I have only had two sexual partners in my life, The first one was four years ago and nine months after the sexual encounter I was tested for Hiv and i was negative. My husband who is the only other person I have been with was recently tested and he was negative but what my concern is is that when i was pregnant with my first daughter i was immune to Rubella and with my second daughter i wasent, and I have had a reacurring problems with herpe out breaks in my mouth and the are now ulcerated I am also always tired and just dont feel very well and i cant help worrying about having the possibility of having hiv Is it posiible I am just over reacting stressing my self out Well what my question is is nine months after possible exposure enough time should I trust the negative result? Please answer me soon cause I am going crazy. thanks Rachel

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Rachel, if you were HIV negative nine months after your first sexual partner, and if your only other sexual partner has been your husband and he is not HIV-infected, then you must be HIV negative assuming that he is truly HIV negative. For your other symptoms I suggest that you consult with your health care provider.

Previous
Symptoms
Next
neuropathy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.