Symptoms

To whom this may concern: Please answer this question, I have asked a few times and no response. I had protected vaginal intercourse as the male partner, about 9 weeks later I developed symptoms asociated with the common cold, mild fever running nose coughing phlem body ache sneezing etc. My doctor prescribed tempra for the fever and it went away within a day. But the nasal congestion and the cough remained for 2 weeks until I took a cough syrup It got better. Are these symptoms of ARS please give an opinion as to wether I should get tested or not. Why is it that in the Message about symptoms page, It is said that ARS do not appear as cold symptoms, what does that mean? Thank you for your time.

Cold-like symptoms are generally not part of the typical acute retroviral syndrome. ARS presents in one of three different ways: (1) mononucleosis-like- with diffuse swollen glands, fever and fatigue (last for a long time); (2)rash syndromes (total body, usually red rashes) and (3) viral meningitis-like syndromes, with severe headache, stiff neck and photophobia (avoidance of bright lights).

From the information that you describe, it would be very unlikely that you have had significant exposure (protected vaginal penetrative intercourse) or that your symptoms are related to HIV.

Buzzing in ears
Extremly Scared please help!!