Apr 1, 2002
at the 8th conf. of retroviruses & opportunistic infections, drs reported data on bone density. reported that antiviral therapy was associated with risk for oteopenia & osteoporosis. can thirty days of therapy with retovir,crixivan, and epivir cause this, or is it long term therapy that is the cause? thankyou for your time, signed, lost in the world of hiv
| Response from Dr. Boyle
It is long-term therapy that is likely to be associated with this problem, although we do not have definitive information yet as to the cause or extent of the actual problem.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Cold Sores?
- What Pathogen Causes Genital Herpes?
- What Can Be Done To Rid The Pain Of Nerve Damage From Shingles?
- Does Vinegar Dry Up Genital Herpes?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- Syphilis How Does It Affect Reproductive System
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.