Feb 26, 2001
What types of HIV-related illnesses does an HIV-infected individual start to develop once the immune system begins to weaken? I don't mean the cancers and big stuff. I mean the minor illnesses b/c i'm curious as to what I should be looking out for.
| Response from Dr. Bartlett
Some of the early symptoms of immune compromise can include thursh, vaginal yeast infections, skin rashes, tuberculosis and diarrhea. However, you should strongly consider getting your CD4 count checked rather than allowing silent immunologic damage to continue.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Accuracy Of ELISA And Western Blot
- Can Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.