Yeast Infection and Rash

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I am a 29 yr old female and dated a man from sept-nov during that time we had protected sex. I never performed oral sex on him, but he did perform oral sex on me. I have no reason to believe he is HIV+, nor do I have any reason to believe I am HIV+. In Oct I finished a 6 month course of minocycline for adult acne. I am also have been taking an oral contraceptive for the last two years. I just recently developed a yeast infection, which I am currently being treated for. I have never had a yeast infection in the before and in the last two weeks I developed an itchy rash on only one of my arms. The rash is red, upon scartching it becomes aggrivated and little scabs develop. In about 6 weeks after the last time I had intercourse with this man, I did develope the flu and a cold ( coughing, sneezing etc). Although in retrospect I have been sick ( unable to shed a cold-- cough, runny nose..and achy feeling) on and off since Christmas... My question for you you is: Is it common to develop a yeast infection so long after taking antibotics? Is there a possiblity that I could have contact HIV and the yeast infection and the rash are symptoms? I know I need to wait at least 6 months before being tested and I am just concern that I may have contacted the virus. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Yeast infections are relatively common in women who take mincycline, and they may occur at any time. I don't think that you are very likely to acquire HIV after receiving oral sex, and after having protected vaginal intercourse. The occurence of a yeast infection and cold do not make me think that you have any higher risk of being HIV-infected. I strongly support your plan to get follow-up HIV testing.

Strep Throat
RE: HIV, Hepatitis, Mono?