thin hair - BY
Feb 24, 2001
what does it mean when a person with AIDS hair starts to thin is that a stage of concern
Response from Dr. Young
Hair thinning can be the result of many things; with HIV infection, one should ask about nutritional status, thyroid function and the possibility of drug reactions. I have seen a fair amount of hair loss in association wiht the use of boosted (Norvir) indinavir-containing regimens. We have had some luck with using lower doses of ritonavir with indinavir to assist with this.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vaginal Pain After Sex?
- Any Case Of HIV By Spitting Blood In Eyes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.