NOT HEALING WELL TOO!

Hi Dr. Boyle,

Thanks for your time and patience. It was very interesting to read the comments of "not healing well..." I too have the exact same problem. Any lesion or scratch, etc. does leave a permanent dark mark on my skin now. The only difference is that I am NOT on any HIV medication, and I've never been. In fact, I first noticed this shortly after getting infected with HIV, and so I am almost convinced that it has more to do with the virus affecting cellular processes. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you arizonasky.

Response from Dr. Boyle

Well, I'm just not sure about that. I have not seen any studies that indicate that healing is signficantly affected by HIV disease itself and that hasn't been my experience, but that doesn't mean it's not possible in some patients, especially if there are other interrelated conditions or problems.

Where to turn after Sustiva
HIV and strenuous exercise