Newly diagnosed

I was infected sometime about 1 year ago and I was just diagnosed with HIV. My viral load was 1420 copies/mL (not sure about t-cells). I'm told it's a good sign that this number is low, but my question is if this is normal. Is it likely to go up quickly, or is a low viral load after a year of infection a good sign? What is "normal" or average viral load after a year of infection? Thanks in advance!

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Your viral load is quite low, and this is excellent news. It is unlikely to go up quickly, and in my patients like yourself, I encourage them to have follow-up values checked every 3 months.

High Cholesterol/Blood pressure
thin hair - BY