High Cholesterol/Blood pressure

I changed meds a yar and a half ago. Since that time I have had a substantial rise in my cholesterol (300) and my Triglycerides are around 600. My blood pressure has increased also. I frequently have blurred vision and my ears are enlamed frequently. I am currently taking NOrvir, Crixivan, Zerit and Ziagen. I am taking Tricor for cholesterol. I was taking Niaspan also but stopped because the side effects were unbearable. I have also gained 15 pounds in the last year and half. Part of this is due to training for the Tanqueray Texas AIDS Ride in October. I never had problems with weight/cholesterol/blood pressure untiol I started this new round of drugs. I am afraid to exercise and I have tried to eat better but it isn't helping. I don't want to take any more drugs. Any suggestions?

Response from Dr. Bartlett

The elevations in your cholesterol and blood pressure are almost certainly related to your medications. You could review with your health care provider the risks and benefits of continuing these meds. I would not be afraid to exercise and would encourage you to resume. In the end, you may need the antiretrovirals and may need to consider medications such as Tricor to reverse some of the side effects.

what are the symptoms?
Newly diagnosed