Zerit and facial nerve damage?

Hello. Positive for five years, several different treatments which always included Zerit. My question other than the peripheral neuropathy is there any evidence that the nerve damage from Zerit is more far reaching I personally seem to have facial weakness (similar to the onset of Bells Palsy) only on left side. I recently took a Drug Holiday and aside from feeling oh so much better! (high energy, positive outlook and great sleep the tingling in my face and eyes also stopped after about two days)

Response from Dr. Boyle

Zerit (stavudine) has not been associated with Bell's Palsy, and it usually does not involve sensory loss other than in the extremities. However, it is possible that some sensory changes in other parts of the body may occur with Zerit treatment. From what you describe, I doubt that your symptoms are Zerit related and the resolution in 2 days supports that conclusion since generally Zerit-related neuropathies take a signficant time to resovlve once therapy is discontinued (and in fact may actually worsen for awhile).

Agenerase and Aspirin
Where to turn after Sustiva