Permanent damage to the gut?

I am using agenerase. One unbearable side effect is huge discharge of very smelly and unpleasant gas. I discharge about 50-60 big and small loads every day, despite using alternative remedies such as glutamine. What does agenerase do in the gut to cause so much trouble? Will continuous use cause permanent damage in my gut (like for example lipoatrophy) that even after I stop using this medicine I will be afflicted with the problem for the rest of my life? Would reducing the dose to 4 pills bid with 100-200 mg kaletra (or ritonavir?) be less stressful for my gut? Or is there an even better combination that would provide relief? Tx much.

The damage is usually reversible. It sounds like it may be a good idea to decrease the agenerase to 600 mg BID with 100-200 mg of ritonavir. Often the GI complaints will improve (not always) and the amprenavir works better with that switch. KH

Erectile Dysfunction
Agenerase and Aspirin