The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV types commin in Europe ??
Feb 21, 2001


If I was infected in Europe (germany) should I get tested for HIV 1 , or should I also do HIV 2 ?? high risk exposure with known HIV+ person 4 months ago. Passed HIV 1/2 test in germany at 2 and 6 weeks post exposure. Also passed HIV 1 tests at 8 weeks (insurance test) and 16 weeks (home access) back in the states. Any info you can provide about the type of testing I should do to rule out infection in that part of the world would be appreciated.


Response from Dr. Bartlett

Most currently available antibody kits test for both HIV 1 and 2. If you were infected in Europe, these kits should diagnose the most likely strains.

Re: early steroconversion
White Cells

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint