Worried About Possible HIV Infection From Boyfriend

I met my boyfriend over a year ago and we started an active sexual relationship, I then found out that he used to be into drugs, although mainly cocaine and escatsy, but he did on several occasions inject heroin. About 2 years ago, he got very sick and was admitted to hospital, with cold sores closing his mouth shut, apparantley from what I have gathered his immune system shut down and the doctors did not know what was wrong with him, he said he had an aids test which came back negative, he got better after a week and has not had any episodes like that since, he does suffer from diarohea, but I think that is down to the fact that he drinks 2 litres of cider a night. He has now returned to England and I have not slept with him for nearly 3 months now. I have had no symptons of hiv/aids, is it likely that I could of contracted it? If my boyfriend has it, would he be showing more signs of symptons by now?

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Given your boyfriend's history, I would strongly recommend that both of you have HIV testing.

Thyroid T4 Levels/Relationship To HIV?
Cause of rising CK?