Lymph node Swelling
Feb 20, 2001
After primary HIV infection on average how long do Lymph Glands stay swollen? It has now been 5 weeks after possible exposure and my lymph glands in the genital area are still slightly swollen although not as much as they were primarily. The Doctor i went to see said it may be the flu..is it possible to have swollen lymph glands for this long as a reault of the flu? thanks
Response from Dr. Bartlett
Swollen lymph nodes in the inguinal region can be enlarged for many different reasons and are very common. I would suggest continuing to work with your health care provider on discerning their cause.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.