HIV Weight loss

About 2yrs ago I had unprotected sex with 4 women. I know its stupid but I did, Not all of them were risky encounters though. One of the women were was in the military and had just completed her annual physical which included and HIV test. Another had recently been tested for HIV tests while another one I have since learned donated blood most recently about a month ago.

So that leaves me with one girl of whom I know nothing about and we had one uprotected sexual encounter. I do not recall having ARS symptoms after that encounter but if I had I believe they were obscured by the fact that I got chicken pox in the same period during which I would have developed ARS symptoms. Shortly after the chicken pox I developed tremors whenever I lifted weights.

Then about 10 months ago I had a flu like illness and lost alot of weight(20-25lbs in a 2 week period) most of it was muscle and when I gained it back most of it was fat and from reading I have learned that this is characteristic of the weight loss in HIV since that illness I have had swollen lymphnodes at one point all over my body but recently confined to my armpit region and I have also had some tingling sensations in my feet.

I have scheduled a HIV test for tomorrow and will get the results back in about 2 weeks and I know that they will be positive. I don't know what to do. At one point I thought it was just the stress but after reading about HIV related weight loss I am convinced that I have it.

What I want to know doctor are these symptoms typical of an HIV infected individual. I have already committed to testing.

From the symptoms you described and the exposures you have had it seems very unlikely that you aare HIV infected. Getting an HIV test is the right thing to do. If you are negative (expected) then your stress will be relieved. If you are positive (extremely unlikely) then you can access treatment to maintain your health. KH

starting lopid
hiv symptoms - rash upper arms