Totally confused about tests...can I ever be sure.

Dr. Henry, I am posting this to you because I can not seem to get the labs dept. to answer...it must be a dumb question. Sorry. Maybe you could clarify.

In one of your recent answers you said that a viral load test with an anitabody was faster or something like that, i did not understand the technicals. Anyway, I tested using antibody and RNA(NAT-Im not sure what technology except the RNA part) this was done at 11 weeks. Both were negative; could I still have HIV? The center I used said no way but the data from others is confusing. Please help if you have the time.

You are not HIV infected with the test results you describe. The chances that you could be HIV infected yet the tests are in error approach 0%. If you have symptoms that you are worried about you need to discuss with your primary care doc. KH

fungus wont go away with diflucan.
starting lopid