fungus wont go away with diflucan.

about 2 months ago i noticed some dry patches on my forehead and behind my ears. i didn't think much about it at first, but then i noticed how it was itching and i would scratch it. a few weeks later, i went to my doctor and she gave me 2 weeks of diflucan(100MG). and some clotrimazol cream to apply topically. now i am out of diflucan and the fungus has spread all over my body on my face and neck,back,arms,legs,and groin. it itches so bad in my groin that i scratch until i bleed. it feels like orgasm to scratch, but then when i am done i am sore. when i shower, and the water hits the open sores, it feels like i am being stabbed. from using the clotrimazole on my groin area, i have developed an odor, or maybe it is the fungus itself that smells. this condition is not any better, if anything, it is worse. i have given up, my groin and behind my ears will not heal at all. i dont even feel comfortable going out of the house looking like this. i am embarrased and skin just falls off where it wants to, i wake up in the morning and i am covered in dry skin that is just laying there like i was a snake and shed a layer. please help me. i cannot work due to the pain in my crotch and would really like to leave the house. my viral load is 598,000 and my cd4 is 209. LVS- CHICAGO, IL

Yipes--you need to see a dermatologist with HIV experience to sort out your problem. No not take NO for an answer but insist on being soon SOON. You could have a form of scabies, a drug reaction, a fungal infection---all sorts of things. Being miserable like you describe is terrible. I would see if your HIV doc can connect you to a dermatologist or else you need to get on the phone and try to connect yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KH

WORRIED
Totally confused about tests...can I ever be sure.