policosanol for lipids

I seen this at Thinking of trying it have you heard anything on this suppliment and or its interaction of hiv meds

I have not seen anything on the use of policosanol in the setting of HIV therapy though I have heard the product discussed. I reviewed some of the data in the website. The data has not been published in the major journals for the most part but the compound still looks interesting. I don't know what the cost is compared to the standard therapies (which would likely be covered by insurance while the policosanol may need to be purchased out of pocket). Due to concern about drug interactions I would still recommend use of the standard drugs (such as pravastatin/atorvastatin or clofibrate/fenofibrate) with diet/exercise depending on the nature of your lipid abnormalities. Switching HIV meds around can be helpful at times as well. KH

numbness on hands, is a side effect of zerit and epivir?
re: policosanol