|What percent is 6 weeks?
Mar 14, 2002
Hi Dr. Henry, It is said that "Seroconversion is detectable in 96+ of people at 12 weeks" But I like to know what is the at 6 weeks and agian at 8 weeks? Thank you very much.
P.S. I've read that under the (current HIV antibody tests)..Most people will who is infected will show antibody by 4 weeks?-how accurte is this statement? and what is the at 4 weeks?
| Response from Dr. Henry
95% of recently infected persons are antibody test positive by 8 weeks (5% take > 8 weeks). The average time to antibody positivity is 25 days. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Percent Of People Have Herpes?
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- In A Cbc Count What Tells You If You Have An Std
- What Is The Deadliest Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.