Specific alcohol question -- NOT toxicity, adherence, or safe sex

Everything I've read on this forum seems to indicate that moderate (1-2 drinks) alcohol consumption is OK with HIV meds. And that more alcohol means more problems with adherence, safe sex, and, especially, liver/pancreas toxicity. But NOWHERE have I come across any response or data which addresses the issue of whether alcohol reduces the specific efficacy (the antiretroviral activity) of these drugs. Now, I have a job which requires (I'm not complaining!) me to do a lot of after-hours entertaining. On at least three occasions I've had to take my 10 pm Combivir with 2-3 martinis only. (I've rushed home and had food later.) My question is, adherence, safe sex, and toxicity aside -- have I been careless and reduced the potential of these drugs working by doing this. (I've taken a two-week leave and plan to virtually eliminate evening drinking socializing for the remainder of the PEP regimen -- 16 more days.)

There is no data that clearly indicates that moderate alcohol use directly impairs the activity of Combivir (the other cautions still apply). KH

When will drugs be less toxic
PEP (Combivir) side-effects, part 2