SCC of the rectum

Found out today I have SCC of the rectum. I am a 44 yr old female. What would have caused this? I am not homsexual nor do I participate in anal sex. I did have hysterectomy due to endometriosis.

Squamous cell carcinoma of the rectum is a growing concern in the HIV infected population. It occurs even among persons who didn't engage in anal intercourse. The cause of cancers of the anal area is often infection with the human papilloma virus (HPV). HIV infected persons may be at increased risk for that cancer which is seen in the general population (middle age, women more often than men). I do not know why this develops in some people but not in others or how it gets there in persons who don't have anal sex other than infection with HPV seems to migrate to that region. KH

neropathy,paresthesy
low blood pressure due to neuropathy