Weight loss and wounds

Dear Doctors,

I would really like an answer to this question. I know that I have to get tested and have resolved to do this but I still need to know somethings.

About a year ago I had unprotected sex with a girl, that I have been friends with for while. About six to eight weeks later I developed a sore throat and a flu, high fever all the ARS works when the flu went away I still had sore muscles and painful joints. I didn't get any diarrhea or to my recollection any generalized lymphdenopathy. I also didn't realize that I had lost any weight during that time. However about 2 months after the flu I weight myslelf I was down to 163lbs. I estimate I lost about 20lbs and it was quite noticeable to everyone too. Another symptom I noticed was slow healing mosquito bites, this I guess is not a problem to most people but prior to this i had never had a problem with mosquito bites.

About 4 months after the ARS I got generalized swollen lymph nodes which lasted for 2 months and were extremely painful and tender. Now I have developed some tingling and weird senstations in my toes/feet.

I have spoken to the girl with whom I had sex with and she told me she hasn't had an HIV test in 2 years but she did donate blood about 5 months prior to our encounter and was never notified of any abnormalities.

However I am wondering if she could be lying. I have read all the symptoms that are common and that they are non-specific to HIV but off all the people that have posted they were negative after worrying for so long none of them had lost 20 or more lbs and none of them experienced slow healing sores.

I cannot bring myself to take the test. I am so scared and I don't know what to do. Everytime I see an HIV public service message I get scared. I am so afraid.

Let me ask you doctors is 20lbs or more of weight loss common for those that have weight loss as a symptom of ARS (as I realize that less than 10 percent of ARS sufferers get this symptom)especially without diarhhea or vomiting and is slow healing wounds/bites common in the initial stages or does it present in the later stages of the disease.

What you described would be very unusual to be due to HIV. The best way to eliminate that possibility and to relieve your anxiety to is to get an HIV test and the counseling that goes with the test(very likely will be negative). KH

Dark Patches on neck and arms
Is my doctor handling this correctly?