alternative HIV lipodystrophy treatments

I read a lot about various treatments for HIV related lipodystrophy and lipoatrophy. Some of these include Human Growth Hormone and insulin regulators. I've also noticed that a lot of bodybuilders use similar products, some of which are available over the counter in health food stores, or through websites. Do you know if products like HGH secretagogues (MHP Secretagogue-One, HGH Dopa 400, etc.) or phytoinsulin formulas (Insulene, Glycemet IGF) have been tried as lypodystrophy/lipoatrophy treatments? If so, to what effect? Is there any harm in trying them?

To my knowledge those substances have not been formally studied in the context of HIV-related lipodystrophy. They amount if information available on many of those products in the scientific literature is often limited. There are legitimate safety concerns (such as drug interactions with the protease inhibitors). If you are interested in a particular product you should discuss with your HIV doc and be monitored for any new good/bad effects if you decide to try the product. KH

Using FiberCon to Prevent PI Side Effects
What is this #'s based on?