Feb 6, 2001
How does HPV get in ones mouth? Because I have the cervical cancer strain, and have something weird in the inside of my cheek. I don't understand. Thank you
Response from Dr. Henry
HPV can involve the oral cavity from contact such as oral sex but much still needs to be learned about the natural history of HPV infection. I would have your primary care doc take a look at your mouth. Many conditions can exist in the oral cavity that can mimic HPV infection. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Have Genital Warts Does That Mean I Have Aids
- Is Geographic Tongue Contagious?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Tattoo?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get AIDS From Having Sex During Period?
- Can You Get AIDS From Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.