kidney function deterioration

I was diagnosed positive in 1994 and am taking a twice a day regimen of Crixivan, Norvir, Zerit, and Epivir, which was specifically designed to reduce the occurrence of kidney stones, of which I have had one confirmed attack and one likely attack. (This regimen has kept my viral undetectable and my T-cells between 900 and 1000 for quite a while.) This fall I was told that my kidney function was failing--my blood creatinine levels are elevated and the levels of creatinine in my urine are low. My blood BUN is elevated but still within the normal range. My blood triglycerides are also elevated, and there are large amounts of protein and white blood cells in my urine. According to my blood tests, my kidney function is deteriorating fairly rapidly. While I have found much information on antiretrovirals and kidney stones, I have found no information on their relation to kidney function. I have anecdotal information that HIV can cause kidney damage. Can having had kidney stones permanently damage the kidneys. Any insights you have would be greatly appreciated--my doctors here (I live in a small town in upstate New York) have not been able to tell me anything about _why_ my kidneys are failing and what can be done to treat this.

There is a condition called HIV nephropathy than means kidney disease due to HIV itself. It is felt that effective treatment of HIV is important to manage that. Since that is your condition and you are getting good treatment from the HIV perspective the situation is complex. I would consider switching off the crixivan to either Kaletra or amprenavir (with low dose ritonavir) as well as stopping any other drugs that could impact the kidneys (such as Motrin). Have you seen a kidney specialist yet? KH

Please Please answer this one soon
Hiv (+) women make meal ????