|Treatment Cost... - KH
Feb 6, 2001
doc, how much do an individual need to have treatment and medication?? how much do a person will pay for hiv test?? What if the person is not that rich(few money only)?? Hope for your kind advise. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Henry
In US dollars HIV care often runs about $1200-$1500 per month. HIV tests run around $35 but often are available at no charge through many health departments and community clinics.
Few people could afford the cost of meds out of their own pocket. In the US insurance pays for the care or there are some special programs for people with little money. The costs are too high for many areas of the world to afford them but efforts are under way to address that (see UNAIDS). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Sharing A Pipe?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.