Help!

Dear Dr I had an unprotected sexual encounter with my ex on the 28 of Dec. On the 28 of Jan, I washed my hair very late and did not dry it. I slept and I got up with a sore throat. This sore throat has gone away but now I feel like my armpits hurt very little. Also, my legs and arms become numb after lying down for a few minutes. My lymph nodes in my throat felt swollen but I was not sure how to tell. It happened for only one day. The groin area hurts slightly when I walk but this could also be because I excercised in Sunday for the first time in like 2 years. I also have a very tiny rash on my legs. I am very worried. I know the symptoms of HIV because of extensive research for a project but I am really worried. Everytime, I read about a symptom, I get it the very next day. Please help me!

Response from Dr. Bartlett

It is very difficult to be so well informed in this circumstance, but it should empower you to go get an evaluation right away. HIV testing will help to allay your anxiety over the longer term.

shingles... - JB
What if.... - KH