shingles... - JB
Feb 6, 2001
dear doc jb, can a newly hiv+ infected person could develop shingles or chicken pox in couple of months or years or ahead, EVEN if that person had already experienced that shingles or chicken pox during his childhood days??? Hope for your kind comment. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Bartlett
Yes, the virus which causes chicken pox, known as varicella zoster virus, causes shingles when it reactivates. Persons with HIV can definitely develop shingles at any point during their HIV infection. Shingles can also recur in persons with HIV. If you believe that you have HIV and shingles, contact your health care provider right away.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.