Lipodystrophy/My Darkest Hour

I am a female who has had lipo for about 3 years now. I have a extremly large stomach now, and back, plus I have been blessed with a large and I MEAN LARGE, Buffolo Hump on my lower neck. I did the Serostim the first time and it started to go away, and I shed major fat in my stomach but when I ran out I doubled in size. My Doc is gonna put me back on it, I know it will probably only help for a while, but boy theyre sure isnt any other options or are theyre? I have been undetectable for 4 years and counting!!!!! But the Hump on my back has become so ugly and discomforting that I'm at my wits end/I never thought I could let anything get to me, but this really is almost as bad as finding out your positive, any words of wisdom PLEASE!! I so tired of being asked if Im over eating!!!! I was regular weight 3 years ago, and I didnt think you could lose weight from a HUMP????????? But my doc seems to think deiting will wisk my HUMP to a deserted island in the Caribean somewhere!!!

Response from Dr. Bartlett

This is a very difficult situation. Clearly the meds have been working since your RNA level has been undetectable for 4 years. Research into reversing the body changes with treatment is still ongoing. The changes can be especially hard on women. Some patients have noticed a disappearance of their abdominal fat when they go off a protease inhibitor, so you might want to discuss this possibility with your health care provider.

Do Amoxyllin cause white coating in the tongue - JB
shingles... - JB