|Costing... - JB
Feb 6, 2001
doc.. how much in us dollar do an individual must prepare for the one year medication and treatment only?? pls kindly comment. thanks
| Response from Dr. Bartlett
Most combination treatments for HIV cost between $10,000 and $16,000/year. This is actually quite cost effective in the US when compared to the cost of interventions in many other chronic diseases. We are also very fortunate to have mechanisms whereby most patients in need have access to these medications.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Whats The Worst That Could Happen With Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Virus Or Bacteria Causes Shingles?
- What To Do When Infected With Hpv?
- What Should I Expect Once I Take An Antibiotic For My Chlamydia?
- What Population Is At Risk With Genital Herpes?
- What Organism Is Responsible For The Transmission Of Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.