lymph nodes! please help! - JB

hey doc, i had an encounter about 14 months ago and i havent had any symptoms until about a month ago i had some swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck and have been worried about them and since i found them i have been touching them all of the time could this cause them to stay irritated? i havent been extremely tired or had any sinus or flu symptoms and since i play baseball at a college i went to the team doc and she said that i had swelling in my nose and gave me some nose spray and told me not to touch the glands for 10 days but i am about to go crazy! could lymph nodes just pop up after a year after an encounter if you have hiv? since this has happened i have been going nuts i am not ever the same person anymore! please help me!! thank you so much for you help i am seriously going nuts!

Response from Dr. Bartlett

The swollen lymph nodes a very non-specific and could be due to many different causes including HIV. If you have a history of potential risk such as unsafe sex with a partner of unknown status or HIV-infected partner, then you should get tested.

Fever Of Unknown Origin - JB
Just Clarifying my Observations - JB