Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

lymph nodes! please help! - JB
Feb 6, 2001

hey doc, i had an encounter about 14 months ago and i havent had any symptoms until about a month ago i had some swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck and have been worried about them and since i found them i have been touching them all of the time could this cause them to stay irritated? i havent been extremely tired or had any sinus or flu symptoms and since i play baseball at a college i went to the team doc and she said that i had swelling in my nose and gave me some nose spray and told me not to touch the glands for 10 days but i am about to go crazy! could lymph nodes just pop up after a year after an encounter if you have hiv? since this has happened i have been going nuts i am not ever the same person anymore! please help me!! thank you so much for you help i am seriously going nuts!

Response from Dr. Bartlett

The swollen lymph nodes a very non-specific and could be due to many different causes including HIV. If you have a history of potential risk such as unsafe sex with a partner of unknown status or HIV-infected partner, then you should get tested.

Previous
Fever Of Unknown Origin - JB
Next
Just Clarifying my Observations - JB

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.