Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Just tested pos/aids. JB
Feb 6, 2001

Dear Doctor, I just tested positive for HIV and having aids while been worked up for cancer.I tested neg 12 months ago,these are my numbers CD4 234 8 VL 5000,what does this mean.I also was diagnosed a week later with an advanced NHL involving the spleen and lymph nodes both sides of the diaphragm,starting both HARRT and chemotherapy today.Very scared does this mean I am going to die.Will i ever get better ,please help.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Lymphoma can be a complication of AIDS, and it is very important that you have entered the health care system. Beginning chemotherapy and antiretroviral therapy is intimidating, but absolutely crucial to your health. Working with your health care provider is key. From your side make sure that your questions are answered and communicate well; and it is very important that you take your medications as prescribed. On a personal note, I have many patients with a history of lymphoma and HIV in full remission many years after the diagnosis. Be optimistic, and take charge of your health as much as possible.

Previous
Facial Wasting and Polylactic acid
Next
WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.