Just tested pos/aids. JB

Dear Doctor, I just tested positive for HIV and having aids while been worked up for cancer.I tested neg 12 months ago,these are my numbers CD4 234 8 VL 5000,what does this mean.I also was diagnosed a week later with an advanced NHL involving the spleen and lymph nodes both sides of the diaphragm,starting both HARRT and chemotherapy today.Very scared does this mean I am going to die.Will i ever get better ,please help.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Lymphoma can be a complication of AIDS, and it is very important that you have entered the health care system. Beginning chemotherapy and antiretroviral therapy is intimidating, but absolutely crucial to your health. Working with your health care provider is key. From your side make sure that your questions are answered and communicate well; and it is very important that you take your medications as prescribed. On a personal note, I have many patients with a history of lymphoma and HIV in full remission many years after the diagnosis. Be optimistic, and take charge of your health as much as possible.

Facial Wasting and Polylactic acid
WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!