Facial Wasting and Polylactic acid

Could you please tell me if injections of Polylactic acid have been affective in reversing the facial wasting associated with lipodystrophy? Are there other cosmetic ways of dealing with this syndrome?

Response from Dr. Boyle

There are some reports that polylactic acid is effective in treating facial wasting. Other treatments include collagen or silicone implants, and while expensive, some of my patients have had significant success with the latter. The studies and my experience indicate that changing antiretrovirals is of very limited, if any, help. Avoidance of androgens may help, since these may cause fat wasting. Needless to say, it is a very difficult and frustrating area for patients and physicians alike. BB

please help!
Just tested pos/aids. JB