please help!

I had an encounter about a year ago and I thought she was ok but i really dont know what she has done in her past even thought i knew her for 2 years. I just recently came down with a sore thoat and some swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck. I havent been tired and never had symptoms after the incident happened until now. But for a month now I have had swollen lymph nodes and a runny nose and some what of a sore throat. is there any reason to be worried that the lymph nodes havent went down yet? pretty worried! thank you for answering! from alabama.

Response from Dr. Boyle

If your last unprotected sexual encounter was a year ago, the chance that you are having acute retroviral syndrome is pretty small. You should still be tested, however, and in the future, use safer sex only. BB

Symptoms of Myocardial Infarction
Facial Wasting and Polylactic acid