Symptoms - are these consistent with HIV

I know you get a million of these questions but I am still concerned. About 6 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a man. I recently developed a rash (which lasted about 10 hrs) on my stomach, fever (which lasted just over a day) and a sore throat and swollen glands.(which went away after 3 days) Is this consistent with ARS? Please help - I am very concerned

Response from Dr. Boyle

The symptoms are not typical of ARS, but given your exposure you should be HIV tested. Unsafe sex is on the rise. Many reading this answer are going to become HIV infected if they don't start using safer sex and being more careful. Every doctor who treats HIV knows the tragedy of this disease and the difficulty of taking and tolerating the treatments. YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HIV. HIV is preventable and everyone out there needs to start to take precautions to protect themselves from getting infected. Even if you get lucky and you're not HIV infected due to this exposure, if you continue this behavior you will eventually get infected. Please start using safer sex and other precautions to avoid HIV. BB

Acne/Nodes
Symptoms of Myocardial Infarction