Feb 6, 2001
Hello, IS it common for lymph nodes to be swollen in people without HIV. Can Acne be the cause of a swollen node in the neck. Also, if someone is HIV infected, would there lymph nodes be swollen throughout the body in various locations or could it just be one lymph node? Thank you for your assistance, hope to here from you...
Response from Dr. Boyle
Acne and other infections can cause lymph node enlargement in some patients. Lymph nodes are not enlarged in all HIV-infected patients but they can be enlarged in one or multiple locations in those patients. BB
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Laryngitis A Sign Of Hiv?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Is Molluscum Contagiosum A First Indication Of Hiv?
- How Long Can The Aids Virus Live Exposed To Air?
- Hiv Risk Without Penetration
- Can You Get Hiv From One Time Sex With A Hiv Positive Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.