Skin problem possibly due to one of my meds...

Back in the late spring of 2001, I switched the D4T in my combo to abacavir for concerns about facial lipoatrophy. About 1 to 2 months later I started to develop red lesions on my skin, which have been categorized as superficial chronic dermatitis and/or non-specific exzema. My cell count is between 450 to 500 and my viral load is undetectable. In my medical history I never had any skin problems. Could the Abacavir be causing this?

Response from Dr. Boyle

It is doubtful that abacavir is causing your rash, but it can't be entirely excluded. It or other medications you are taking may be causing a dermatitis and you should discuss this possibility with your doctor/dermatologist.

Rosacea
Not Healling Properly