Where did I get THESE legs? - BY

Ok now be real up front with me and tell me why at 22 weeks negative my legs and body are swelling. My blue jeans are sooooooooooooooooooo tight and i am eating next to nothing -weighing in around 115 and 5'5" so what gives?Is this an opp infection and if so why am I still negative? By the way when I tested at 11 weeks i felt "brush burns" on my thighs and I have gone from that to this. Also when this nightmare ends (soon at 6 months) please be kind and tell me what qualifies as 6 months as I am hearing conflicting times-24 or 26 weeks. Can I seroconvert THIS late? I have NO mono symptoms no fevers no flu NOTHING _ Just weird legs and no answers and chewed up fingernails over all the stress this is causing. Surely to God SOMEONE knows why my legs are swollen and mottled and hurt- like a neuropathy

Thanks for your question. Leg swelling is not a symptom of acute HIV infection; at least not that I'm aware of. If both of your legs are swollen, particularly if there is pitting edema (when you push down with your finger, you leave a dimple), it could be suggestive of other medical problems. There are many causes, ranging from too much salt in the diet, to kidney or heart or liver problems.

As for the "6 month" problem -- I typically use 6 calender months, but there is no real difference between 24 or 26 weeks. After that point, the vast majority of people who are truly infected do actually have positive antibody tests. -BY

Someone Please Answer This!
swollen lymph nodes in small of back