thought I had Mono

Dear Dr.

I had a one night stand and didn't use a condom. The girl told me she had an std test two weeks prior. (it was negative) 4 -5 weeks afterwards I got very sick. I was very tired and had swollen glands. I also had a sore throat and white patches on the back of my throat. The doctor said it was either strep or mono. He gave me antibiotics. I was sick for a total of 3 weekes. I was very stressed do to college and I didn't sleep very well leading up to feelling bad. Before I got sick I Only averaged 4 hours a night and I was very stressed. I plan on getting tested. Does it take 4 weeks to show symptoms if i am hiv +? How long would those symptoms last? thanks

I would suggest going to a local clinic where they do lots of HIV testing and receive counseling and get an HIV test. It is unlikely that you are HIV infected so that getting counseling and a negative test result will relieve your stress and then other causes can be pursued if you are still having symptoms. KH

please,i dont know what to do..i need help..
Dear Doc - Please! - What Is Going On?