Enlarged Parotid Glands

I have bilateral swelling of the parotid glands. My CD4 count is 609 and viral load <50 copies. I have recently had treatment with New Fill for the correction of facial lypodystrophy. Is there a treatment for reducing the swelling of the parotids?

Enlarged parotids in the setting of HIV infection is not uncommon. Often the cause is cystic enlargement of the parotids. A good ENT doc with HIV experience should examine you to try and determine if there is another cause (i.e. infection, tumor, sicca syndrome). If nothing is found then often a CT scan is ordered which may show multiple cysts. Low dose radiation treatment are often helpful for cystic enlargement of the parotids. KH

I nned your help
Delayed immune response