|Enlarged Parotid Glands
Mar 1, 2002
I have bilateral swelling of the parotid glands. My CD4 count is 609 and viral load <50 copies. I have recently had treatment with New Fill for the correction of facial lypodystrophy. Is there a treatment for reducing the swelling of the parotids?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Enlarged parotids in the setting of HIV infection is not uncommon. Often the cause is cystic enlargement of the parotids. A good ENT doc with HIV experience should examine you to try and determine if there is another cause (i.e. infection, tumor, sicca syndrome). If nothing is found then often a CT scan is ordered which may show multiple cysts. Low dose radiation treatment are often helpful for cystic enlargement of the parotids. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.