Herpes and HIV
Feb 27, 2002
Dear Dr. Henry, I contracted genital herpes from a girl 15 weeks ago. At 89 days later I was tested for HIV. The test was negative.Is this result a good sign or could herpes infection cause a delay in HIV antibody production.I feel perfectly healthy,just very worried.
Response from Dr. Henry
Herpes simplex infection does not interfere with the development of HIV antibodies. A negative test at 89 nights days is extremely reassuring that you did not acquire HIV from that encounter. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms Sign Of Seroconversion
- Is Psoriasis A Sign Of AIDS?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.