Herpes and HIV
Feb 27, 2002
Dear Dr. Henry, I contracted genital herpes from a girl 15 weeks ago. At 89 days later I was tested for HIV. The test was negative.Is this result a good sign or could herpes infection cause a delay in HIV antibody production.I feel perfectly healthy,just very worried.
Response from Dr. Henry
Herpes simplex infection does not interfere with the development of HIV antibodies. A negative test at 89 nights days is extremely reassuring that you did not acquire HIV from that encounter. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Pubic Lice If You Have No Pubic Hair?
- Difference Between Venereal Disease And Std
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Clothing?
- Does Alcohol Kill Hiv In Your Mouth?
- Dried Blood And Old Cuts Can I Still Get Hepatitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.