Cost of Rx vs Benefit

I come from South Africa and the topic of HIV-Aids has become a hotly debated issue. The issue of toxicity of drugs and astronomical cost to the economy has been on of the justifiable arguments for not treating patients with Antiretroviral drugs. Toxicity is being addressed by pilot studies done in hospitals affiliated to Medical schools but the question i pose today is would it not be more cost effective to give asymptomatic patients with CD4 counts of between 300-500 than treating opportunistic infections the traditional way. I am part of the health team rendering a service to the community. My e-mail address is omegas@lantic. net. Hope to hear from you soon.

If the price of HIV therapy can be reduced by 90-95% (which I think is very possible) then it clearly becomes cost effective to treat HIV before people get sick so thay can continue to work and don't run up hospital bills. This is a very important subject though this is not the forum to discuss at length.

m vial load is<25 t-cell395,why am i tired
testicular shrinkage