hiv & pregnant women
Feb 20, 2002
what are the side effects to antiretroviral drugs for pregnant women
Response from Dr. Henry
The side effects of antiretroviral therapy in pregnant women are similar to other patient populations (for discussion of particular drugs see the body discussion on specific drugs). Pregnant patients may experience more nausea/vomiting than other populations and may have a slightly higher rate of liver problems. The ACTG is conducting a study to carefully look at side effects of antiretroviral therapy in pregnant women with a focus on metabolic issues. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.