HELP! Anti-Depressant with now sexual side effects JB

Sorry for the somewhat tacky question and hopefully I have the right place to ask it.

I was told I was depressed ??!!. I have tried Paxil, and Zoloft, Well here is your chuckle for the night. Both are the least amount prescribed. Zoloft is at 50mg. I feel they might work as I recently was reviewed by Social Security and they seemed to pass over and said they would not review me at this time, I was in total panic almost suicidal and the Zoloft calmed me down quite a bit. I was diagnosed with Aids in 1996 but am now somewhat controlled with low viral load and 356 t-cell count.

Now finally for the question, Is there any anti-depressamt that will stop panic attacks and "could kill moods" that would not affect sexual functions? The ones I am on now the desire is there and Rover will just not turn over or he passes out along the way. When I am off them I am ready to chase anything that has two legs and a heart beat and Rover will take off leaving me behind. I had to insert some humor in a embarrassing subject.........

Thanks for your help. I also must add I am being evaluated for anemia.

Thanks for your help and your valuable time. (yes I am sucking up )

Response from Dr. Bartlett

You have raised a very important issue -- certainly your sexual life is a critical aspect of quality of life. Antidepressants can cause sexual dysfunction, and it may be a delicate balance to find one that relieves depression but does not interfere with erections or orgasms. Wellbutrin is an antidepressant that has a reputation for causing less sexual dysfunction. There is no substitute for the help of an experienced mental health provider, and I would strongly suggest consulting with one.

John A. Bartlett, M.D.

Hair Loss & 3TC - Switch 1 of 3 Drugs? JB
Side effects...... JB