Dec 6, 2000
I've been on combivir/viramune for two weeks and have experienced nausea and stomach pain. Are these side affects perminent or am experiencing initial reaction to these news drugs? I've been on nothing prior. Thanks
Response from Dr. Boyle
These symptoms may be indicative of liver injury which can result from Viramune (nevirapine) use and can progress to complete liver failure. You should see your doctor immediately for evaluation. A recent letter sent by the manufacturer of Viramune increased the warnings regarding liver injury and rash and you and your doctor (and all patients on Viramune) should read it. It's available at www.viramune.com.
What could I have?
About meds and hair loss
- How Do People Get Hiv When Using A Condom?
- In The Earliest Stage Of Hiv Infection Can Symptoms May Be Mistaken For The Flu
- Average T-cell Count For Hiv Negative Person
- Can You Be Infected With Hiv While Being Tested With The Needle?
- Can You Get Hiv From One Time Sex With A Hiv Positive Person?
- How Soon Would They Notify An Hiv Positive After Donating Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.